Aims & Principles of Citizens Advice
The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our service aims:
- To give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
The Trustee Board
All local Citizens Advice offices are local independent charities, governed by their own board of trustees, who are ultimately responsible for the quality and range of the service. Day-to-day control is delegated to the managers although the Trustees:
- hold staff accountable, and are ultimately accountable for the activities of Citizens Advice West Berkshire
- provide leadership to all at Citizens Advice West Berkshire
- develop policy
- strategic management
- are responsible for compliance with relevant laws and Citizens Advice membership requirements
How we use your experience to help others
Click here to find out how the Citizens Advice service uses information gained from our clients to help others